Famous Sidu is a kind of bread made from wheat flour. It is kneaded with yeast and the dough is allowed to rise for 4-5 hours. Sidu dough is yeast-based, it has to be prepared a couple of hours before you need it.It is normally eaten with ghee (clarified butter), dal (lentil broth) or with hari chutney. It might be looking boring in the picture above, but it’s really going to charge up your taste buds.
Preparation Time :15 Minutes
Cooking Time:20 Minutes
Wheat flour 1/2 kg
Dried yeast 2 teaspoon
Water (warm) 1 cup
Salt to taste
Paneer 250 gram
Green Chillies( chopped) 8
Green peas 100 gram
Walnuts(akhrot) 100 gram
Garlic 6 flakes
Groundnuts (moongfali) 50 gram
For Cover :
1. 1/2 kg of wheat flour , add 2 teaspoon of dried yeast , salt , and enough water to make a soft dough.
2. knead well for about 15 minutes , then leave ,covered with polythene for about 4 hours.
1. Grind boiled green peas , walnuts , green chillies, groundnuts and flakes.
2. Then add chopped paneer and salt into stuffing.
3. Add chat masala into paste.
4. Now stuffing is ready.
1. When the dough is ready, break off small balls, dip them in flour and roll out to the thickness of a 5 rupee coin.
2. Then spread 2 tablespoon of the stuffing paste over the centre of the dough circle, leaving about 1/2 cm at the edge.
3. Fold the dough in half fold the edge back over on itself then pinch the edges to firmly seal.
4. Now sidu is ready for steam.
5. Then place sidu in a steamer and cooked for 15 minutes.
6. serve hot with Chutney .
Comment with Facebook Box