Sepu badi or Mukund Badi is one of the key dishes of Kangra and Mandi Dham(Lunch served in traditional marriage). Sepu badi Madra is one of the most sought after starter.
In order to prepare 'Sepu Badi Madra' you need Sepu badi(Mukund Badi). You can get 'Sepu Badi' from shop or you can prepare it at home too. 'Sepu badi' can be prepared from ground mixture of Mah(Urad) dal and Chana dal soaked overnight. This ground mixture is boiled in water after wrapping in some big leaves (Turmeric leaves can work) and cut into pieces and finally fried.
Take few pieces of 'Sepu badi', fry them if they are not fried. Add edible oil to a pan and add curd to it (250 to 300 grams will be enough if you are going to cook for 2-4 people). Make sure that curd is not very sour . Cook the curd till the time water dries off and a thick paste of curd separated from oil appears. Now add red chili powder, coriander powder, methi powder, garam masala, haldi and salt. Mix it well. After this add the sepu badi and water as much you feel will be sufficient. Cook for 20-30 mins, keep stirring and serve hot with rice.
1. Sepu Badi(Mukund Badi) 8-10 pieces
2. Curd 250g.
3. Fenugreek powder 1/2tsp.
4. Coriander powder 1tbs.
5. Turmeric powder 1tsp.
6. Red chilli powder 1tsp.
7. Garam masala 1tsp.
8. Mustard oil 3tbs.
9. Salt as per taste
10. Coriander leaves
1. Heat oil in a pan & fry the badi if not fried. Take them out from oil and keep in a bowl.
2. Now in the hot oil add the curd, cook the curd till water dries & oil separates from curd.
3. Now add fenugreek powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, salt, badi & water and mix well.
4. Now keep stirring and cook for 30 min.
5. Add coriander leaves & serve hot with rice--